The ‘Stage’ (Traditional A Style Mandolin)
Our ZETA Stage mandolins, available in both acoustic and acoustic/electric models, are custom instruments built entirely in our ZETA shop (Belgrade, MT USA) with the professional player in mind.
Traditional ‘A’ body styling and advanced construction techniques come together in this top quality acoustic mandolin. ZETA’s Stage mandolin embodies the experience of over 10,000 mando builds. The result . . . a rich full-bodied picking pleasure . . . responsive and balanced.
ZETA Stage Mandolin Feature List:
- Flame Red Maple Back and Sides
- Red Spruce Top_Standard (Options: Sitka or Carpathian)
- Traditional ‘A’ Shape w/F-Holes and Tone Bars
- Deflection Tuned Top & Back
- Volume Balanced Chamber Size
- Proprietary Tone Port
- ‘ZETA’ Engraved (James) Tailpiece
- Traditional Sunburst High-Gloss Lacquer Finish
- Straight-Grain Plain Sugar (Hard) Maple (Option: Flame Maple)
- Traditional Snakehead Peghead w/Ebony Veneer
- Traditional Tuning Gears w/Ivoroid Buttons
- Deco Style ‘Sconce’ Inlay
- Ebony Fingerboard w/Picking Scallop beyond the 20th Fret
- Compound Radius Fingerboard
- Bone Nut
- Two-Way Adjustable Truss-Rod
- Violin Style Oiled ‘Fast’ Neck (soft ‘V’ shape) w/Sunburst Lacquered Peghead & Heel
- Bolt-On Neck w/Fully Contiguous Hard Maple Fingerboard Extension
BRIDGE – ACOUSTIC ONLY:
- Ebony 2-Piece, Brass Lifters w/Fine Thread Adjustment
- ‘Brekke’ Style Ebony Housing w/Traditional Vertical Lift Ebony Saddle
- Simple Allen Wrench provides smooth adjustment ‘up or down’ . . . facilitating precise fingertip action tweaks under full tension.
BRIDGE – W/PICKUP:
- 2-Piece, Brass Lifters w/Fine Thread Adjustment
- ‘Brekke’ Style Ebony Housing w/Vertical Lift Torsioned Composite Saddle (Option: Slotted Ebony Saddle)
- Saddle features dual isolated ‘opposing’ pickup elements per string pair (‘finger’)_ ie, 8 total
- Discreet signals pass from each string pair to internal ‘active’ preamp
- String ‘pair’ (signal) volume adjustable via individual gain pots providing a ‘balanced’ user adjustable experience as necessary . . . as well as a separate Master Gain pot
- 9-Volt internal battery
- Unlike all other mandolin pickups . . . NO BOOM BOX effect.
- More Info: Strados™ Mandolin Pickup System Details
At ZETA we make our own parts and pickup components as part of the ZETA bridge pickup manufacturing process. This keeps us in control of the quality and consistency we desire. When your music requires the traditional look, feel and sound of an acoustic mandolin, ZETA’s Stage A and Stage A/E have you covered. Whether unplugged or plugged-in, ZETA delivers the sound you need.
Unique among acoustic-electric mandolins, the Stage A/E features a specially designed polyphonic internal preamp system that increases the power of the pickup signal. This high-tech innovation provides a wide range of amplification flexibility, supporting a variety of tonal characteristics suitable to diverse playing techniques and styles of music.
An internal 9-volt battery provides over 1,000 hours of service on average and is flush mounted in a special high-impact plastic case located to the left side of the endpin for easy access and battery changes. The 1/4″ output jack is also mounted on the side of the mandolin, right of the endpin.
Included with the purchase of all ZETA mandolins is our custom ZETA case (soft/hard) which features full peghead support and large internal storage area for strings, tuner, wireless, etc. Additionally, on the outside of the case, are two zippered pockets with ample storage for all cables, music, etc.